This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Meridian, MS
Job ID: 44383
Facility: East Mississippi Corr. Center
Description Position Summary
Reports to the designated lieutenant. Directly supervises assigned correctional officers. Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.Essential Functions
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience RequirementsHigh school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year correctional experience required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Alabama with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
- Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees.
- Responsible for the care, custody, and adherence to rules and regulations of inmates assigned to specific work area.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security,
- Supervise and provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates and inmates assigned to work duty.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility,
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime, when directed to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.