Substance Use Disorder Supervisor (Part-Time)
Location: Miami, FL
Job ID: 41005
Description Looking for a an opportunity to make some extra money while continuing to make a real difference in your community? The Miami North Community Release Center is looking for a part-time Florida Certified Addiction Professional to help us in our mission of providing proven rehabilitation in a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping residents gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success.In this role you would be asked to work approximately 4 hours a month. Set a schedule that works for you, even on weekends!Position Summary:
Reports to the Facility Director. Responsible for the clinical supervision of substance use disorder treatment programs. Essential Functions:1. Maintain core beliefs that people can change and have an inherent drive towards positive growth.
2. Responsible for clinical oversight of all substance use disorder treatment services provided.
3. Perform observations of substance use disorder treatment groups for the purpose of supervision and providing feedback to the group facilitator.
4. Review and evaluate therapeutic records ensuring appropriate documentation, actions, and updates are recorded as required.
5. Ensure caseloads are maintained according to required ratios.
6. Plan, develop and implement training program necessary for compliance with an effective treatment and counseling program.
7. Ability to use and guide program staff in operant conditioning, behavior management techniques, including the identification of target behaviors and the application of reinforcers and progressive sanctions.
8. Understand current research on substance use disorder treatment and how it is applied.
9. Understand, use, and support staff in implementing techniques to increase motivation for change (e.g., Motivational Interviewing).
10. Review and integrate assessment information to monitor individualized treatment plans.
11. Monitor and review ongoing treatment or other needs.
12. Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; observe applicable laws.
13. Maintain data tracking practices as required.
14. Coordinate with mental health providers regarding referrals and continuity of care.
15. Hold weekly supervisory meetings with licensed substance use disorder treatment program staff.
16. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding intervention techniques.
17. Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
The applicant must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree and be a Certified Addiction Professional by The Florida Certification Board. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Experience in service provision in other settings will be assessed on an individual basis. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency are also required. Valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. The applicant must also completed continuing education and maintain certification through the Florida Certification Board as a Certified Addiction Professional.