Senior Residential Supervisor
Location: Henderson, TX
Job ID: 40812
Ready to add more meaning to your career? HOPE is a residential/outpatient chemical dependency treatment facility for justice-involved clients re-entering into the community. Located in in Henderson, Texas the HOPE facility complies with HSSC Residential standards and provides a safe and secure environment for staff and client while utilizing employing state of the art treatment methods. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, numerous opportunities for career growth, a 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Hiring immediately!
Directly supervises food service coordinator, residential advisors and residential advisor/transportation. Performs duties directly related to the facility operations to ensure safe, sanitary and orderly conditions exist around the facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Provides direct supervision to the offender population and reports immediately any suspicious activities or violations of policy procedures, rules and/or regulations by offenders and/or other individuals.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel changes as approved by the facility administrator and coordinated with human resources prior to implementation.
- Inspects and evaluates physical and sanitary condition of facility and offender living quarters and provides written documentation of such inspection.
- Enforces safety, security and operational regulations and restrictions of facility operations and establishes procedure for granting personnel or visitors access to classified material or entry into restricted areas.
- Prepares department budget and monitors expenditures of the facility.
- Performs accountability inspections and counts of the offender population to ensure all offender locations and physical presence on the facility; comply with resident monitor-to-offender ratio
- Coordinates intake and discharge of residents during approved times and documents arrivals and departures at the facility in accordance with contract requirements.
- Completes all documentation required for inspections and audits.
- Keeps updated lists of all offender assignments to include housing, community service and programs. Conducts routine inspections of facility vehicles to ensure proper maintenance.
- Leads instructional classes for offenders as directed by management.
- Oversees the food service coordinator.
- Responsible for logistics information regarding transportation of offenders in a safe and adequate vehicle.
- Conducts drug testing of offenders in accordance with MTC and TDCJ policies and directives.
- Supervises the self-administration of medicine by offenders.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Two (2) year work experience at a residential or similar facility. Preference given to individuals who possess work experience in the operations of a correctional facility. Computer skill and knowledge preferred. Valid driver’s license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire, applicant must successfully complete T4T (Training for Trainers). Must complete preservice program and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ. Must pass drug screen.