Reports to the programs director. Directly supervises the career technical training instructors, substitutes, WBL/CTR specialist and drivers education instructor. Responsible for the management of CTST programs which includes career technical training, career technical hands-on experience, national contractor training, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the career technical training department.
2. Evaluate staff performance, provide staff training and implement departmental changes as approved by the center director and coordinated with the human resources manager prior to implementation.
3. Assist the deputy director in the preparation of departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting career and technical training; coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall center objectives.
5. Monitor all department standard operating procedures (SOP's) to ensure procedures are kept up to date as program and policy changes occur.
6. Review and audit required percent of active student files monthly to ensure policy requirement compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare and submit related reports.
7. Ensure the career and technical training learning environment facilitates and supports each student's career development.
8. Ensure the collaboration of integrated academic and career and technical training to support the career success development of students.
9. Evaluate and develop curricula, instructional materials, methods and techniques.
10. Coordinate with other departments regarding affecting career and technical training program activities, problem solving and interdepartmental programs.
11. Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting career and technical training programs.
12. Oversee the center's career technical skills training CTST program including the develoment of the CTST plan.
13. Oversee the industry advisory council as they modify of the training programs and to adjust and supplement center training programs as needed to meet industry changes.
14. Participate in community relations council activities.
15. Manage and monitor insturctor participation in student panels.
16. Provide quarterly assessment of career and technical training programs as applicable.
17. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
18. Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff and other center customers.
19. Ensure students learn and practice set behavioral expectations that support employability and social development for career readiness success.
20. Support, promote and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
21. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
22. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required training.
Bachelor's degree and three years related experience, two of which should be in a supervisory capacity. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.