Licensed Practical Nurse- school nurse setting
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 45619
Facility: Job Corps
Description Are you sick of COVID? Tired of long hospital shifts? This is the place for you! We are in a school type setting- this is more of a school nurse role. *Salary: $25.00/ hour
*Daytime shift Ready to be a part of something big? At the Edison Job Corps Center in Edison, New Jersey we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, Paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions. Hiring immediately!
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions as authorized per healthcare guidelines.
- Conduct cursory medical exams during students first 24 hours on center.
- Clean and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment, and provide follow up care, as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medication and drugs.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Monitor students on bed rest in health and wellness center.
- Enter required information in student health records and maintain in an organized manner.
- Conduct designated health services special programs as assigned.
- Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Valid Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of employment. One year practical nursing experience required. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.