Mental Health Professional
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chaparral, NM
Job ID: 45772
Facility: Otero Cty. Proc. Ctr (Medical)
Reports administratively to the health services administrator and clinically to the psychologist. Responsible for planning and implementing professional mental health service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. Provides mental health services to inmates in compliance with MTC Medical and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) directives.
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for assigned inmates.
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all inmates including the application of crisis intervention techniques to include suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior, and taking appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for inmates to determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of inmates.
- Provide direct casework services and individual and group counseling to inmates.
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding discharge plans; make case presentations; and assist administrative and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned inmates.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of inmates and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; review status of inmates to determine that all treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.
- Screen requests for non-medical records and appropriately approve or disapprove responses following policy and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings; promote communication and the proper flow of relevant information between administration, staff and inmates.
- Attend seminars, workshops, conferences, and so forth, as required.
- Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification; perform CPR in emergencies.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy or clinical social work required. Current license. Two (2) years previous work experience preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of New Mexico or Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and Military Leave
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective.