This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Astoria, OR
Job ID: 45780
Facility: Job Corps
Description No nights, weekends or holidays. Perfect schedule for a nurse looking for a work life balance.
Starting Pay for RN: $34.00/hr.
Starting Pay for LPN: $28.00/hr.
Schedule: Mon - Fri: 8 hour/day, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,Benefits:
Free access to our gym and racquetball courts and low-cost ($3.50) "to go" meals from our dining hall daily! And:
- Health, vision, and dental at no cost to you.
- Paid sick, vacation, and holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees & their immediate family (6 free visits per person, per problem, per year).
- Eligible for Fidelity 401-K plan after completing 1,000 hours of service within 12 consecutive months.
- Maintain immunization records and update immunization status as needed.
- Care for sick and injured students, promote good health, and prevent illness.
- Conduct cursory medical exams.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions; assist physician in treating serious accidents or illness; provide follow-up care as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medications.
- Assist with Center’s family planning and disease prevention programs.
- Supervise health occupation students assigned to practicum/work.
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with a valid Oregon license to practice professional nursing.
About Tongue Point:
Tongue Point Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located at the mouth of the Columbia River, the Center is one of the largest employers in Clatsop County. Our staff teach youth, ages 16-24, the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers. A Job Corps campus is like a mini-city. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Tongue Point offers students training in 12 vocations: building construction technology, carpentry, cement masonry, computer service technology, dental assisting, electrical, glazing, medical assisting, painting, plastering, welding, and seamanship. We are the only Job Corps Center in the nation with a seamanship program, and seamanship is the Center's largest vocation. Tongue Point Job Corps Center is a drug-free workplace and a tobacco-free campus. For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov