Manager, Human Resources
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Centerville, UT
Job ID: 45872
Facility: Management & Training Corporation Headquarters
Begin your future now and join the nearly 10,000 associates working every day to make a difference in the lives of at-risk populations. Headquartered in Centerville, Utah, Management and Training Corporation (MTC) provides thousands of individuals with life-changing opportunities through our management of Job Corps centers and correctional facilities. Apply today and find out why MTC is a true Leader in Social Impact!
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as free drinks and snacks, on-site yoga, off-site CrossFit, clubs, and numerous company events.
Reports to the Director, Human Resources as assigned. Provides human resources support, technical assistance, staff training, and guidance to designated facilities. Aids in ensuring overall compliance with management and government goals and objectives throughout the corporation.
- Coordinate completion, distribution, and maintenance of new and revised position descriptions, salary structures, and organization charts as approved internally and by the respective customer; suggest and make changes as appropriate. Conduct corporate assessments by reviewing all aspects of the facility’s human resources department including; staff training, employee benefits records, employee files, affirmative action records, etc.
- Provide policy interpretation for site supervisors and human resources employees.
- Provide staff training, coaching, and guiding, as required.
- Develop, monitor, and provide assistance to ensure effective Affirmative Action Program (AAP) compliance.
- Review personnel actions for new hires, promotions, demotions, transfers, terminations, merit increases, etc.; coordinate approvals as required by the Decision Analysis Table (DAT).
- Assist with the facilitation of problem resolution with employees and supervision. Review and prepare written responses.
- Investigate and draft responses to employee concerns that reach the corporate level per the employee problem-solving process.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of new and revised laws and regulations pertaining to human resources; conduct research as necessary.
- Participate in human resources projects as determined by the Director, Human Resources.
- Gather and analyze wage and salary information for all new contract proposals and existing contracts as necessary.
- Contribute to contract proposals as they pertain to human resources.
- Oversee contract activations and transitions to and from other contractors and/or the government.
- Assist with communication of employee benefit information.
- Monitor vacancies and assist with talent acquisition at the facility level to ensure compliance with contract staffing requirements.
- Assist in ensuring proper administration of wages and benefits subject to Davis Bacon Act (DBA) and Service Contract Act (SCA) requirements.
- Assist in providing oversight to ensure compliance with union agreements.
- Act as facility HR Manager during extended absences or position vacancies.
- Provide innovations and suggestions for streamlining and enhancing the corporate human resources functions.
- Maintain accountability of property; adhere to safety practices.
- Demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Contribute to our company's Culture of Caring by maintaining positive and respectful relationships with employees, customers, vendors, program recipients, and our community.
- Ensure day-to-day activities promote sustainability and reduce the impact on the environment by minimizing waste and maximizing recycling; saving energy; and minimizing water usage.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field and three years of directly related experience, two of which must be supervisory. Experience should include employment, compensation, employee and labor relations, affirmative action, and staff training and development. Must have word processing and spreadsheet experience. Must be willing and able to travel extensively. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Unless waived by management, a valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.