Senior Accounting Clerk
Location: New Orleans, LA
Job ID: 45979
Facility: Job Corps
Reports to the director, finance & administration. Directly supervises the accounting clerk. Responsible for performing a variety of routine accounting duties.
- Verifies, audits, and prepares bi-weekly payroll and maintains payroll records. Reviews timesheets; identifies and works with departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Enters data in payroll system. Generates, receives, and reconciles payroll reports to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll and deductions. Research variance in insurance reconciliation process. Prepare manual checks as approved.
- Reconcile CIS reports and prepare student pay, including transition pay. Coordinate student bank accounting.
- Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers, reconciling bank accounts, posting subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Ensure the maintenance of routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control or general accounting records.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Serve as student benefit association financial advisor; assist with student pay.
- Serve as petty cash custodian, and meal ticket custodian.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years related experience required. Must have working knowledge of computers, databases and spreadsheet systems. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.