Location: Panama City, FL
Job ID: 46005
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? Management & Training Corporation (MTC) will soon be operating the Panama City Work Release Center. MTC Facilities provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping residents gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 9 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for some positions.
Reports to the operations supervisor. Provide supervision, counseling, custody and control, employment development and coordination, and other related services in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Florida Department of Corrections (FDOC) directives.
- Provide inmates with institutional rules, regulations, operational procedures and other information relating to the inmate’s initial and continued adjustment to the institution; helps inmates learn problem solving techniques for their behavioral or social adjustment problems.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date progress reports for each individual inmate for the purpose of evaluating inmates’ progress toward program completion.
- Maintains and initiates changes in inmate records; observes inmates to determine needs for referral to clinical services for psychiatric treatment or other supportive services.
- Conducts group orientation and employment skills sessions.
- Promotes reentry readiness by preparing inmates for participation in career readiness programs.
- Read, review, and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmate’s health and safety and to the security of the facility; provide appropriate information to other staff on a need to know basis; comply with all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas, which include climbing stairs.
- Provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport inmates by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive inmates as needed.
- Respond to emergencies including climbing stairs, steps, and ladders while searching for escaped inmates, hearing calls for and calling for help, giving first aid at the emergency site, carrying an injured or unconscious inmate or employee various distances to safety up or down stairs, steps and ladders; and use force and deadly force to include the use of chemical agents and firearms to control inmates.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A minimum of a high school diploma/GED. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license in the state of Florida with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.