Work Based Learning Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 46150
Facility: Edison Job Corps Center
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation and additional sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Pay Rate: $21.00/hour
- Contact local and distant employers and explain the benefits of hiring Job Corps graduates returning to their area. Identify job placement and work based learning sites.
- Visit work-based training employers regularly to monitor students involved in work based learning.
- Develop and coordinate community service activities and projects as well as activities that will bring the community to the center, such as open houses.
- Develop partnerships with employers to secure work-based learning opportunities in the community.
- Work with CTT staff to facilitate communication between all work-based learning (WBL) and school based learning participants.
- Assist with scheduling and arrange for orderly transition of student employees into the assignment; maintain student employee progress reviews and records.
- Maintain ongoing communications with work based learning providers, schedule periodic visits to work-sites and evaluate work-sites.
- Monitor work-based learning sites regularly for quality training and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Document monitoring visits and safety evaluation of work sites.
- Coordinate support services needed by student employees; gather necessary placement information and direct information to transition coordinators.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in public relations, business communications, administration, or related field, and two years related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.