Administrative Assistant – Contract Administration
Location: Centerville, UT
Job ID: 46158
Begin your future now and join the nearly 10,000 associates working every day to make a difference in the lives of at-risk populations. Headquartered in Centerville, Utah, Management and Training Corporation (MTC) provides thousands of individuals with life-changing opportunities through our management of Job Corps centers and correctional facilities. Apply today and find out why MTC is a true Leader in Social Impact!
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as free drinks and snacks, on-site yoga, off-site CrossFit, clubs, and numerous company events.
Reports to the Vice President, Contract Administration. Supports Contract Administration Directors and Managers. Performs a wide variety of contract administrative and proposal functions that require extreme discretion and accuracy in compliance with company policies and management directives. Responsible for assisting with proposal efforts, contract administration functions, budgets, and non-expendable property functions in compliance with government and management directives. Oversee and administer the Seclore, InDesign, and KDS systems, including setting up and training users and document management.
- Assist with and coordinate the preparation and submission of proposals including the following: ensure all documents required by respective RFPs are included in the applicable costing proposals, scope changes, subcontracting plans, obtaining appropriate background documents; preparing costing, formatting, and producing schedules/ documents using Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Excel, and other programs; manage the production of printed and electronic documents.
- Assist in maintaining and reviewing documentation of changes to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs).
- Assist and support in gathering data as required for submission to government agencies, regions, or other officials.
- Assist in maintaining and tracking key printed and electronic communications, proposals, and contractual documentation from applicable agencies.
- Maintain the storage and archival tracking of proposals and contracts.
- Assist with the tracking of proposal data, submissions, and win/loss information.
- Prepare and process contracts and contract modifications, including managing incoming correspondence, obtaining appropriate signatures, and distributing sensitive documents using Seclore.
- Assist in maintaining data systems.
- Serve as administrator and trainer for the following technology: Seclore, InDesign, Secure Drive, and production printer.
- Assist with the expired Contracts Closeout process, obtain necessary signatures and distribute documents accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments and customers as required.
- Assist in making initial preparations, compile, and transmit correspondence relating to business negotiations.
- Assist in the coordination of special reports; maintain control of reports due in or out of the office; maintain correspondence control.
- Act as liaison between the Vice President, MTC Contract Administration Directors & Managers, other MTC staff, and the customer; ensure important information is forwarded to the applicable party.
- Participate in audits, corporate assessment teams, and transition activities as directed; ensure that all property has been properly reported to the Department of Labor.
- Coordinate with service vendors, for the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Contribute to our company's Culture of Caring by maintaining positive and respectful relationships with employees, customers, vendors, program recipients, and our community.
- Ensure day-to-day activities promote sustainability and reduce the impact on the environment by minimizing waste and maximizing recycling; saving energy; and minimizing water usage.
- It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or GED required. Two years experience in the areas of administrative assistance, accounting, or finance, or an Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field preferred. Direct knowledge in accounting, budgeting, costing, and contract administration is a plus, and preference for strong analytical skills and an accounting and/or business background. Knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office programs required, specializing in Excel, PowerPoint/presentation, and Word. Knowledge of InDesign CS6 and experience with document encryption software is a plus. Unless waived by management, type a minimum of 50 words per minute. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Unless waived by management, a valid driver’s license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record is required.