Location: Tulsa, OK
Job ID: 46176
Facility: Job Corps
Come join the Tulsa Team!
Join the many who help mentor and develop our youth.
Starting rate is 42,000
Other great benefits:
-Generous paid time off
Reports to the academic manager/co-disability coordinator.
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
- Maintain records, cleanliness and classroom discipline.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and valid teaching certificate. One year instructional experience preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.