This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Woodstock, MD
Job ID: 46254
Facility: Job Corps
- Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, air conditioning and drainage systems.
- Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, fuses as directed.
- Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
- Perform repair or replacement of windows, doors, locks, plumbing, fixtures, washers, and seals.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing and painting, as directed.
- Supervise students assigned to facility maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
- Perform routine scheduled checks of heating and air conditioning system.
- Requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. Technical training and general knowledge of maintenance/repair and two years related experience. Experience working with youth, and excellent written and verbal communication skills also required. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.