What is Job Corps?
- Maintain and preserve all flooring and/or covering by scrubbing, waxing, buffing and sweeping.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms and associate fixtures.
- Dust desks, bookshelves, cabinets and other office furniture where assigned.
- Collect and dispose of all trash, litter and other debris.
- Sweep and clean exterior steps, entrances, landings, interior walls ceilings, lights fixtures and sidewalks.
- Mix and use basic cleaning compounds, waxes and disinfectants.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Maintain center appearance and grounds by cleanings, weeding, mowing, trimming, sprinkling, fertilizing, reseeding, or planting. Maintain all trees and shrubs.
- Perform a perpetual preventive maintenance inspection.
- Supervise students assigned to custodial duties through center support, work-based learning or the student intern program.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually life, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
- Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires the ability to work in noisy and crowded environments.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: