What you will be doing?
This non-exempt position will report to the heath and wellness director. In this role, you will be responsible for performing duties concerned with the prevention of illness and promotion of good health, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- 401(k) with company match
- Valid Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- One year practical nursing experience required.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
What is Job Corps?
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions as authorized per healthcare guidelines.
- Conduct cursory medical exams during students first 24 hours on center.
- Clean and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment, and provide follow up care, as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medication and drugs.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Monitor students on bed rest in health and wellness center.
- Enter required information in student health records and maintain in an organized manner.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: