Licensed Addiction Counselor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 46285
Facility: Atterbury Job Corps Center
Description Salary: $49,920
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
Location: Edinburgh, IN
What you will be doing
This is an exempt fulltime position, reports to the health and wellness director. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an effective trainee employee assistance program (TEAP) with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training and networking with community resources, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) or Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC) in Indiana required.
- Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
What is Job Corps?
- Assist in developing procedures to coordinate and integrate TEAP components with other center programs, policies and zero tolerance.
- Participate in career preparation period; communicate zero tolerance polices related to substance abuse; provide information on prevention activities on and off center.
- Work with new students for testing, assessment and development of assistance and retention plans during the 45 day probation period; provide an assessment and assistance/intervention plan for any student who tests positive for drugs and receives and alcohol incident.
- Conduct TEAP classes, group educational, peer support and other prevention sessions for students.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Assess students with identified substance use problems; develop and implement a plan to modify or control the problems by working with students, counselors, instructors and the mental health consultant.
- Provide input to the counseling, health and wellness and human resources departments for necessary referral of students with TEAP problems; utilize community resources as available.
- Work with mental health consultants, health and wellness staff and counselors to intervene with substance users who meet the treatment criteria to remain in Job Corps.
- Collect, review, and interpret drug test results.
- Ensure the documentation of all student assessments and that plans are in student's medical records regarding TEAP problems.
- Provide ongoing comprehensive training for all staff members with specific goals towards staff education and awareness, staff skills in identification and reporting substance use problems, individual staff member counseling skills and general team building throughout the center.
- Assist in providing TEAP related materials and information in the health education program and development of health and wellness symptom guidelines and standard operating procedures regarding substance abuse.
- Coordinate tobacco use prevention programs (TUPP).
- Develop linkage with community resources for TEAP services.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to plan, coordinate, and implement three center-wide TEAP events each year.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- 401(k) with company match
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: