This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 46290
Facility: Job Corps
What you will be doing
This is a non exempt position that will report to the Career Technical Training Manager. You will be responsible for providing foundations course instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula in compliance with government and management directives.
- $17.00 per hour
- Flexible schedules
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- 401(k) with company match
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Teaching experience and valid teaching certificate in the state of employment preferred.
- Valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://atterbury.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Plan, coordinate and conduct the foundations program and other activities, in accordance with corporate guidelines and approved schedule.
- Provide basic and higher level technical reading, writing and applied math instruction and assessment.
- Provide explicit instruction in study skills and employment readiness by motivating and counseling students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems and/or study habits.
- Complete performance evaluations for all assigned students and participate on performance evaluation (PE) panels.
- Provide students with employment, career technical training, personal and social adjustment counseling on individual and group bases.
- Continuously evaluate individual student’s attitudes, participation and commitment within the foundations program; intervene when inappropriate behaviors are observed.