Substitute CTT Instructor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 46292
Facility: Atterbury Job Corps Center
Edinburgh, INWhat you will be doing?
This is a non exempt position that will report to the technical training manager. You will be responsible for providing career technical training instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. You will provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and certification in area of instruction.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction by motivating and counseling students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program; provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
- Participate in activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- Work with community industry advisory council to review and recommend upgrades to CTT program.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN whereas IndyPendence is located in Indianapolis, IN. Both centers are managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://atterbury.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/