Instructor Evening Studies
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 46294
Facility: Atterbury Job Corps Center
What you will be doing
This is an exempt position that will report to the Academics manager. You will be responsible for monitoring Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) outcomes for those students identified as needing additional support in the academic areas of study. You will also be responsible for facilitating tutoring for all students in a variety of subjects including college preparation, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- 401(k) with company match
- Bachelors degree and one year related experience.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
What is Job Corps?
- Reviews active reports along with management to determine the need for additional support in the academics area.
- Prepares lesson plans and structured activities for tutoring and study activities and ensures al materials needed are ordered and available for student use.
- Makes recommendations for new and innovative programming that will enhance the evening study program.
- Maintains correspondence with academic and career and technical training instructors as to the progress of students in the evening study program.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Program: https://atterbury.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/