Food Service Worker
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 46298
Facility: Job Corps
Description $15.50 per hour and a $1,000 Sign on Bonus
What you will be doing?
This non-exempt position will report to the food services supervisor. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in preparing and serving food in the cafeteria and accomplishing clean-up functions in accordance with government and management directives.
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury and Independence Job Corps centers, we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time, and 11 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with company match
- Must obtain servsafe certification within 90 days of employment.
What is Job Corps?
- Keep serving counters stocked with salads, desserts, various foods as well as make coffee, tea, and a variety of beverages.
- Replenish napkin dispensers, plate racks, silverware racks, salt and pepper shakers, and condiments.
- Set up cafeteria lines and serve meals on the line.
- Assist in the storage and inventory of supplies; transfer food ingredients from storage area to cooking area.
- Clean food service area, tables, and kitchen equipment, appliances while assisting in washing dishes/utensils; store in orderly fashion.
- Provide direct supervision and serve as work place mentor to students assigned to center support and/or on-center work based learning.
- Occasionally requires reaching, bending, stooping, or standing including manually lift, move, pull, push, or carry materials or objects.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: