Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 46373
Reports to the health services administrator. Administers appropriate medical treatment to inmates in compliance with MTC Medical and customer directives.
- Assess inmate medical conditions and determine appropriate course of treatment.
- Provide medical treatment according to nurse or physician instructions and appropriate to level of certification.
- Administer appropriate medical treatment including, but is not limited to, applying splints, administering oxygen, treating minor wounds or abrasions, opening and maintaining airways, treatment of shock, assisting inmates with prescribed medications and performing CPR.
- Maintain accurate documentation of treatment provided in accordance with policy and regulations.
- Respond to medical emergencies at the facility.
- Requires long periods of standing and walking and may be required to climb stairs.
- Ensure medical supply cart, trauma bag, the PPE room and the facility first aid kits are fully and accurately stocked at all times.
- Regular and reliable onsite attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or GED and current emergency medical technician license and CPR certification required. One year of experience in a hospital, clinic or correctional setting preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background check. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.