This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Burnet, TX
Job ID: 46374
Facility: Halbert Unit
MTC is looking for compassionate and dedicated individuals’ interested in beginning a career in addiction treatment counseling. No Experience Necessary. Our culture makes us a rewarding place to work. We hire enthusiastic professionals who embrace challenges and who love to help people. We are committed in providing you best class training and the hours you need to get your Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant (CCJP-A) certification. As a Treatment Specialist you will gain the necessary skills and knowledge needed to help reintegrate our clients into society upon their release from prison. Full-time opportunities available at $15.00 per hour.
Description & Qualifications:
Work involves assisting with the planning, coordination, and implementation of activities; and coordinating with substance abuse treatment counselors and other departments to ensure the maximum utilization for resources available for chemical dependency treatment and rehabilitation.
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Associate's degree in the field of psychology, sociology, counseling, social work, criminal justice, or education is preferred: related experience is a plus. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC’s caring philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and family members with quality and competitive benefit options that address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness, financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Education assistance
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness Program. This free program features a wide range of tools, resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the program include:
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching, nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational material.
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to address employee health and wellness.