Begin a meaningful career in corrections with Management & Training Corporation at the Oliver J. Bell Unit located in Cleveland, Texas. At Bell, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back and making a social impact. We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the tools necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life. In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives.
MTC team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
Pay $18.75 per hourPosition Summary:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
Reports to the principal. Responsible for providing vocational instruction to inmates in accordance with approved curricula in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Deliver individualized competency based instruction through classroom and laboratory management in the occupational program areas taught to offenders.
2. Develop performance objectives and criterion-referenced tests in accordance with established program
content, incorporate written and skill assessments.
3. Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials individualized to the specific need of the offender.
4. Evaluate, assess and maintain records of offender progress and performance; provide feedback to
5. Participate in staff conferences in an endeavor to develop and improve educational programs.
6. Review, select and adapt instructional materials to help individuals reach mastery of the competencies
required for entry, advancement and upgrading occupations.
7. Initiate budget requests to assure that all equipment, supplies and materials are available to support a
progressive training schedule.
8. Monitor motivation, discipline and learning difficulties to bring about positive changes in the behavior of
9. Complete, update and maintain all applicable forms and records related to offender training, education, and participation in accordance with company policies and contractual requirements.
10.Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
11. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) certificate for area of assignment.
Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher. --OR---
Education Accreditation (CHEA) or United States Department of Education (USDE) and three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience within the last eight (8) years in the subject content area of assignment.
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED and five (5) years full-time, wage-earning experience within the last eight (8) years in the subject content area of assignment. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.