Instructor Academics, Substitute
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job ID: 46490
Facility: Job Corps
Indianapolis, INWhat you will be doing
This is a non exempt position that reports to the Program Manager. They will be responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. They will provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
- 18.50 hrly
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 weeks paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- 401(k) with company match
- Bachelors degree and one year related experience.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
What is Job Corps?
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction, and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting students training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panel; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Program: https://atterbury.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/