Director- Outreach/Admissions & Career Transition Services
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edison, NJ
Job ID: 46572
Facility: Job Corps
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
- Evaluate staff performance, provide staff training and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the project director prior to implementation.
- Monitor and control expenditures; review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies, procedures and programs affecting OA and CTS services.
- Assess and audit outreach/career advisor and transition coordinator offices regularly for contractual compliance and quality of services to students and centers. Prepare audit and assessment reports.
- Direct the activities of the admission counselors to ensure recruitment of students is at contracted strength.
- Oversee the delivery of career transition services, placement of students and former enrollees, and placement follow-up actions.
- Coordinate career transition efforts with placement contractors, regional/national DOL offices, military, schools and other job placement agencies.
- Track, analyze, and manage contract performance to ensure operation meets performance standards.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students when necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Maintain accountability of staff and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field, and two years related supervisory experience; or Associate’s degree and four years related supervisory experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.