Reports to the supervisor, career counseling. Responsible for planning, coordinating, developing and
implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned students, in compliance
with government and management directives.
Starting at $21.63 an hour
Mon-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Hiring immediately! Apply Today!
1. Review detailed background file, conduct personal interview and assessments as necessary to analyze
and recommend a program for each assigned student.
2. Maintain individual folder on each assigned student.
3. Provide direct aid to students with personal needs or problems, sickness, injury, family problems,
emergency leaves or unauthorized absences (UA) retrievals. Prepare UA reports and leave forms,
verify required information in accordance with the policy and requirements handbook (ePRH) and MTC
4. Provide continuous educational, career technical training (CTT), personal and social adjustment
counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications throughout
each assigned student's stay.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery
of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Conduct continuous interpretation and evaluation of progress in student's specific development
program; coordinate problem cases and point out areas in which guidance and development
techniques can be improved. Maintain, up to date documentation, case notes and records using CIS,
as well as other systems of documentation.
7. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
8. Oversee each student’s personal career development plan in center information system (CIS).
9. Recommend medical or psychiatric evaluation for emotional or psychological problems; evaluate
results and take remedial action as warranted; participate as a member of the mental health team.
10. Refer students to other program areas such as transfers, extension or advanced programs, and college
11. Serve as chairperson of the student career development team; participate in other center programs
such as career preparation, diversity, TEAP and pregnancy programs.
12. Maintain contact with student's family and conduct home visits as necessary; utilize community
resources as needed.
13. Conduct a variety of special programs such as human sexuality, sexual harassment, family planning,
pregnancy program and group relationships.
14. Work cooperatively with the CTT instructors and career transition readiness specialist assigned to the
15. Provide staff training as scheduled; provide training and feedback to residential advisors in conducting
dormitory group counseling sessions.
16. Regular and predictable attendance is required.
17. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
18. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
19. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
20. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring
students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
21. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
22. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to
provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as
determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in related field, including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services related
instruction, and one year experience in counseling or related field required. Experience with youth, excellent
written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an
acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.