Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 46630
Starting pay for this position is $30.02/hr. at 16-hours a week.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is hiring a Part-Time Principal.
At Kyle Correctional Center, located in Kyle Texas, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back and making a social impact. We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the education and training they need for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life.
Education and Experience Requirements
Probationary certificate requirements:
- Master’s Degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education accreditation (CHEA) or United States Department of Education (USDE) and the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)
- Middle Management/Administrator/Principal certificate, or other appropriate administrative certification or be eligible for a probationary certificate.
- Three (3) years of classroom teaching experience.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
- Letter from a college or university indicating probationary requirements have been met by acceptance in the certification program.
Reports to the designated Warden. Directly supervises academic instructors, vocational instructors, life skills instructor, librarian, administration clerk, education counselor, testing clerk, health and wellness coordinator and chaplain. Responsible for the management of the education department and religious services in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement organization and personnel changes as approved by the warden and coordinated with the human resources supervisor prior to implementation.
- Create systems to effectively manage staff at all assigned facilities.
- Travel between all assigned facilities is required.
- Develop departmental budgets; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting education to include compliance with all student assessment and testing regulations.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
- Oversee the process of establishing and following Individual Treatment Plants (ITP) for offenders.
- Direct the preparation of reports required by specific requests, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. This includes maintenance of student records to include attendance and participation.
- Conduct reviews/audits of all assigned functions on a regular basis to ensure contractual compliance high quality rehabilitative and delivery of quality and educational programming.
- Supervise the development and implementation of programs.
- Ensure effective administration, adherence to curricula requirements and effective team approach between academic and vocational training components.
- Direct efforts to council offenders to obtain their General Education Diploma (GED).
- Plan and manage work assignments and schedule of activities; monitor class loads and instructor assignments to meet offender educational needs.
- Monitor the maintenance and cleaning of programs building and equipment.
- Ensure all classrooms and shops have appropriate instructional materials, supplies and equipment.
- Monitor operation of library to ensure educational staff and offender needs are met.
- Act as the authority for the operation of any college program to include certifying and screening prospective college students, participating in registration for classes, processing adds and drops and providing supervision of college facility.
- Oversee the religious services department.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Post Hire Requirements
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.