Substance Abuse Counselor Intern
Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 46636
******This job pays $18.00/hour********
Management and Training Corporation (MTC) is hiring Substance Abuse Counselor Interns at Kyle Correctional Center located in Kyle, Texas. MTC is looking to give people hope, skills and opportunities for a better life.
Join a team with values that match your own and make a difference in the lives of people needing second chances.
Facility name: Kyle Correctional Center
Location: 23001 I-35, Kyle, TX 78640
Work schedule: Full-time; 8-hour days
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school, GED, or equivalent.
- Must have a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern (CI) or a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license from the Texas Department of State Health Services or current certification as Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant Status (CCJP-A) as approved by the Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals.
- Selected applicants must obtain the Licensed Clinical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or the Certified Criminal Justice Professional (CCJP) certification within five (5) years from the date of their registration as a Counselor Intern or CCJP-A.
- Must sign a Credential Contingency Agreement that will remain in effect only until the initially established expiration date. Failure to comply with this contingency statement will result in separation from employment. Credential Contingency Agreements will not be extended or renewed as a result of an employee’s separation from employment or acceptance of another position.
- Must maintain valid Counselor Intern status (CI), Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) license or CCJP-A certification for continued employment in position.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Substance Abuse Counselor Interns provide substance abuse counseling and recovery skills training.
They participate in offender orientation as well as educational, individual and process counseling groups in compliance with program standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Substance Abuse Counselor Interns work closely with correctional staff to help maintain a Treatment Community within our facility while providing a comprehensive evaluation from a battery of valid measurement tools to assess the recovery needs, maintaining offender records as well as other records regarding services provided (to include workload statistics) and implementing follow-up and after care plans for offenders are some other essential duties of the position.
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays (9 total)
- Professional development assistance
- Opportunities for job advancement
Why: Help humans break the cycle. Join our team as a substance abuse counselor and transform lives!