Residential Advisor - Midnight Shift
Location: Waimanalo, HI
Job ID: 46657
Facility: Job Corps
Make a difference at Hawaii Job Corps Center! We are seeking candidates for Full Time & On-Call Residential Advisor positions.
Starting Wage is $16.00/hour.
Reporting to the Social Development Manager or designee, the Residential Advisor is responsible for residential activities providing for maximum program coordination, student discipline and preparation of records and reports, in compliance with government and management directives.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Monitor group living conditions, evaluate situation within the dormitories and make decisions and/or recommendations while ensuring safety and proper student behavior
- Perform duties involving student passes, leaves, evaluations, progress reports, emergencies and terminations for assigned shift
- Communicate with families of students as required to resolve problems and assure the well being of students
- Coordinate activities of dormitories including recreation and entertainment on and off center, dorm competitions, dorm courts, and after hours tutoring and learning activities
- Facilitate Career Success Standards (CSS) group sessions for students and provide guidance in CSS development; maintain documentation.
- Maintain required records and update CIS information on students on a regular and timely basis
- Function as center duty officer (CDO) as assigned
Equal Opportunity Statement:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years experience working with youth required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Computer proficiency
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Hawaii Job Corps/MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
*Medical, vision and prescription drug benefits *Dental benefits *Life insurance *Short-term & long-term disability benefits *401(k) Retirement plan *Employee assistance program *Sick leave and vacation *Holidays *Civic duty and Military Leave *Free Parking *Reduced Cost Meals *Employee Wellness Programs *Fun & Supportive Working Environment
HAWAII JOB CORPS CENTER IS AN APPROVED BLUE ZONES WORKSITE!
Hawaii Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located in Waimanalo, Oahu & Makawa’o Maui, our campus is home to 300+ young adults, ages 16-24, who have made the decision to come to Job Corps in order to improve their lives. Every staff member is part of teaching the students the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers.
A Job Corps campus is like a mini-college. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall, and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Hawaii Job Corps Center offers students training in 9 vocations: building construction technology, automotive, office administration, culinary, landscaping, painting, health occupations, medical office administration and security/protective services trade.