Location: Centerville, UT
Job ID: 46677
Begin your future now and join the nearly 10,000 associates working every day to make a difference in the lives of at-risk populations. Headquartered in Centerville, Utah, Management and Training Corporation (MTC) provides thousands of individuals with life-changing opportunities through our management of Job Corps centers and correctional facilities. Apply today and find out why MTC is a true Leader in Social Impact!
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as free drinks and snacks, on-site yoga, off-site CrossFit, clubs, and numerous company events.
Reports to the Director, or Manager as assigned. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical and analytical accounting tasks and procedures.
- Post journal entries to the accounting system, review postings from Job Corps sites and correct site errors and reconcile general ledger accounts and related sub-ledgers.
- Review site transactions to ensure consistency.
- Perform monthly Bank reconciliations.
- Ensure timely completion of subsystem closing and trial balance preparation for all MTC Job Corps locations.
- Review and ensure all consolidated inter-divisional, cash receipts, and cash disbursement amounts balance, reconcile and resolve discrepancies on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve Corporate interdivisional billings.
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of periodic reports, such as Financial Status Reports.
- Monitor student payroll disbursements, receipts, and reconciliations.
- Oversee and assist with facility account reconciliations on a monthly basis and appropriately resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with facility visits and the training of finance staff.
- Assist all facilities with questions and problems as they arise.
- Assist with month-end/year-end closing for all Job Corps locations.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to corporate and facility staff.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and one year of accounting experience. Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles. ERP system experience is a plus but not required. Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new processes and information systems. Must be willing and able to travel. Interested in participating in a collaborative team environment. Unless waived by management, a valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.