Senior Accounting Clerk
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job ID: 46689
Facility: Brooklyn Job Corps Center
Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! . Hiring immediately!
Salary - $20.19 /hr
Schedule - Monday - Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers, reconciling bank accounts, posting subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Responsible for maintenance of routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control or general accounting records.
- Responsible for payroll and insurance reports; responsible for petty cash.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to staff and students. Prepare related reports.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years related experience required. Must have working knowledge of computers, databases and spreadsheet systems. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.