Location: Astoria, OR
Job ID: 46703
Facility: Job Corps
Hourly Wages for on-call Instructors:
$18.50/hour - with current Oregon teaching license or related vocational certification
$17.25/hour - without certification
Instruction day is Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? Here you can every day!
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction, and assistance in academic programs.
- Be willing to engage, motivate, and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems, and study habits.
- Maintain an organized and clean training environment (behavior and surroundings) conducive to learning.
- Role model appropriate workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom and intervene when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Help students relate academic skills to vocational training and workplace requirements.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to students and staff.
A combination of education and experience providing the knowledge or skill to instruct students in the designated subject area. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer proficiency, and valid driver’s license in the state of residence with an acceptable driving record.Benefits:
Sick leave accrual, based on hours worked.
Participation in 401(k) plan after meeting eligibility requirements.About Us:
Tongue Point Job Corps Center is operated by Management & Training Corporation (MTC) for the U.S. Department of Labor. Located at the mouth of the Columbia River, the Center is one of the five largest employers in Clatsop County. We teach ages 16-24, who have made the decision to come to Job Corps in order to improve their lives. Every staff member is part of teaching the students the academic, technical training, employability, and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers.
A Job Corps campus is like a mini-city. It has dormitories, classrooms, a dining hall and recreational and medical facilities. Training is open entry, open exit, and can last up to two years. Students work at their own pace, guided by academic and career training instructors who are committed to their success.
Tongue Point offers students training in 12 vocations. We are the only Job Corps Center in the nation with a seamanship program, and seamanship is the Center's largest vocation.Tongue Point Job Corps Center is a drug-free workplace and a tobacco-free campus. Due to being a federally-funded program, all successful applicants must pass a drug-screen, including being negative for THC/marijuana.For more information about Job Corps visit: http://jobcorps.gov