Registered Nurse (RN)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: 46707
Facility: Job Corps
NO LATE NIGHTS! NO WEEKENDS! NO HOLIDAYS!
We also offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance plans.
Paid vacation, paid sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
- Render first aid treatment and assist physician in treating serious accidents or illnesses.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions and maintain student health records.
- Cleanse and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment and provide follow‑up nursing care as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and accidents.
- Perform routine lab tests in accordance with approved standards.
- Monitor students restricted to the infirmary.
- Assist in the management and coordination of pregnancy, weight control, tuberculosis, smoking cessation and other programs as designated.
- Triage, assess chief complaints, take vital signs, do appropriate charting and assist with chart review duties and with patient care.
- Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
- Maintain clinic facilities in accordance with the highest standards of health care.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of California. One year experience preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.