Correctional Mailroom Clerk
Location: Venus, TX
Job ID: 46738
Work with a purpose! Sanders Estes Unit located in Venus, Texas is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Clerk – Mail Room
Facility name: Sanders Estes Unit
Location: 1100 FM 1807, Venus, TX 76084
Pay: $11.00 per hour
Work schedule: Full-time; M-F, 8 hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 9 paid holidays
- Career advancement assistance
- Opportunities for job advancement
Job responsibilities: The clerk - mail room is responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to the mailroom in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail; prepare forms and maintain records and files related to offender correspondence.
- Sort, open, inspect and scan offender mail. Maintain related records. Deliver offender mail.
- Act as authorized courier for receipt of registered, special delivery, or other mail received for employees and/or offenders.
- Sort department mail.
- Maintain contact with US Postal Service and private mail carriers (i.e. UPS, Federal Express, etc.)
- Operate postal equipment and ascertain postage needed.
- Ensure outgoing mail is sent daily. This may include delivery to post office or other location.
- Requires regular pushing and pulling of mail carts, carrying mail bins, and lifting and moving packages.
- Requires long periods of walking or standing.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent or GED required.
- One year related experience, including proficiency with various word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and computer data entry experience preferred.
- Valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.