Count Room Clerk
Location: Venus, TX
Job ID: 46756
Work with a purpose! Sanders Estes Unit located in Venus, Texas is now hiring career-minded people to assist with securing the safety of our community while positively impacting the lives of those on the inside.
Job title: Clerk – Count Room
Facility name: Sanders Estes Unit
Location: 1100 FM 1807, Venus, TX 76084
Pay: $11.00 per hour
Work schedule: Full-time; M-F, 8 hour days
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 9 paid holidays
- Opportunities for career growth
Job responsibilities: The clerk - count room is responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to count room in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Perform count room duties to assist with obtaining an accurate facility offender count.
- Operate office equipment such as personal computers, fax and copy machines and scanners.
- Perform data entry. Process information and paperwork to insure accurate record keeping.
- Assist with processing incoming and outgoing inmates.
- Assist in maintaining records of housing assignments at the facility level.
- Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountability forms, status reports and other required forms in a timely manner.
- Proofread records or forms; copy needed information from one record to another as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all offender information.
- Receive telephone calls tactfully referring to the proper individual.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent or GED required.
- One year related experience, including proficiency with various word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and computer data entry experience preferred.
- Valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Make a real difference every day by helping to change lives.