Licensed Vocational Nurse III
Location: Raymondville, TX
Job ID: 46781
MTC is currently seeking candidates interested in a Licensed Vocational Nurse position. The licensed vocational nurse works under the supervision of the RN. The licensed vocational nurse will be assisting with administering medications and injections, performs wound care, treats minor injuries, obtains vital signs, EKG’s, phlebotomy, provides care required for. the detainee patient identified with one or more infectious disease process utilizing established policies, procedures and treatment regimens under the direction of a licensed physician or mid-level provider
Other functions include:
- Under direction of health services administrator, supervising nurse and professional service providers and in accordance with nursing protocols, evaluate and assess condition of detainees reporting to sick call. Performs screening intake within 12 hour time frame, completes medication reviews and creates initial MARS. Provides first aid.
- Obtains, evaluates and records detainee’s history employing critical thinking skills.
- Coordinates for multiple traffic with the Detention Staff for the following departments: Dental, MD, MLP, MH and RN clinics.
- Assists with provider line; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Obtain vital signs for MD, MLP (N/P, PA), MHP, DDS and RN.
- Maintains sick logs and triage's.
- Responsible for addressing all sick calls face-to-face and completes the sick call using Nursing Protocols and if needed calls provider 24/7 and documents in the Call Medical Records Log.
- Applies and changes dressings; cleanses and dresses wounds.
- Operate pill call, distributes medication and document as required by applicable policies and procedures. To include push and/or wheel pill cart on facility campus.
- Obtains refusal forms and recognizes life threatening medications must be reported to the USMS and detainee must be further evaluated for noncompliance.
This position requires a degree in nursing, current, valid nursing license for the state of Texas or compact state. Preferred skills include: peak flow nebulizer, phlebotomy and EKG. Knowledge, training, and/or continuing education courses in chronic illnesses preferred. Current CPR certification required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, females, disabled, and veterans to apply.