Director of Corporation Communications
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Centerville, UT
Job ID: 46810
Begin your future now and join the nearly 10,000 associates working every day to make a difference in the lives of at-risk populations. Headquartered in Centerville, Utah, Management and Training Corporation (MTC) provides thousands of individuals with life-changing opportunities through our management of Job Corps centers and correctional facilities. Apply today and find out why MTC is a true Leader in Social Impact!
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as free drinks and snacks, on-site yoga, off-site CrossFit, clubs, and numerous company events.
Reports to the Vice President, Employee Experience. Functions as a member of the visual, written, web, media, and staff training communications team. The team prepares visual, written, and digital communication for job applicants, MTC employees, key industry stakeholders, elected officials, community leaders, and media outlets. Coordinates communication with internal and external audiences. Serves as a resource to facility staff responsible for community relations and communications.
- Communicate company success stories with employees, job applicants, customers, elected officials, MTC stakeholders, the public, and the media.
- Write, develop, and share MTC news through weekly staff newsletter and monthly partner newsletter
- Maintain MTC’s social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Assist in representing MTC on the Day One Alliance corrections industry trade association and in coordinating public relations initiatives.
- Create and share written, digital, and video content for both MTC and industry stories and communications.
- Serve as the company spokesperson and coordinate media outreach in all divisions of the company.
- Assist as necessary in coordinating media outreach on international contracts to capture and tell success stories and strengthen community relationships.
- Assist in Congressional/State outreach efforts by overseeing the NJCA and MTC Star programs.
- Establish and maintain a system for distributing written, digital, and video communications to MTC facility staff.
- Coordinate communication efforts with facility staff responsible for public and community relations.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of MTC's business to serve as a base for writing news releases.
- Maintain accountability of property; adheres to safety practices.
- Demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Contribute to our company's Culture of Caring by maintaining positive and respectful relationships with employees, customers, vendors, program recipients, and our community.
- Ensure day-to-day activities promote sustainability and reduce the impact on the environment by minimizing waste and maximizing recycling; saving energy; and minimizing water usage.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or related field with six years preferred related experience. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements. Must be willing and able to travel. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Unless waived by management, a valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.