Administrative Assistant, HR
Location: Centerville, UT
Job ID: 46896
Begin your future now and join the nearly 10,000 associates working every day to make a difference in the lives of at-risk populations. Headquartered in Centerville, Utah, Management and Training Corporation (MTC) provides thousands of individuals with life-changing opportunities through our management of Job Corps centers and correctional facilities. Apply today and find out why MTC is a true Leader in Social Impact!
In addition to a competitive salary, team members will enjoy:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid sick time
- 11 paid Holidays
- Education/Tuition assistance
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as free drinks and snacks, on-site yoga, off-site CrossFit, clubs, and numerous company events.
Reports to the Director of Human Resources. Performs a wide variety of administrative functions that require extreme discretion and accuracy in compliance with company policies and management directives.
- Greeting, welcoming, and directing guests, employees, customers, and delivery staff in a friendly manner at the front desk.
- Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Maintain reception area and HR Conference room in a clean and tidy manner.
- Perform necessary administrative functions for the human resources department.
- Ensure personnel changes including rehires, transfers, and corrections are entered into the company HRIS system to ensure accurate personnel records are maintained.
- Provide technical support and training related to the company's HRIS and applicant tracking systems (ATS). Assist in updating manuals and other training documents as needed.
- Maintain organizational charts, position descriptions, and salary structures for existing facilities as well as requests for proposals (RFPs). Maintain approved documents on the corporate network.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation needed for contract proposals and RFPs.
- Route discipline, requests for personnel action, nepotism waivers, merit increases, bonus requests, etc. for appropriate approvals per the decision analysis table (DAT). Maintain a log of all pending actions.
- Coordinate HR institute arrangements such as time, place, attendees, and matters to be discussed.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of special reports including key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain accountability of property; adhere to safety practices.
- Demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Contribute to our company's Culture of Caring by maintaining positive and respectful relationships with employees, customers, vendors, program recipients, and our community.
- Ensure day-to-day activities promote sustainability and reduce the impact on the environment by minimizing waste and maximizing recycling; saving energy; and minimizing water usage.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or GED and three years experience in the area of office management or administrative assistance. Knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office programs required, specializing in MS Word and MS Excel. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Unless waived by management, a valid driver’s license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record is required.