Full Time Recreation Aide
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Woodstock, MD
Job ID: 46903
Facility: Job Corps
Are you wanting to make a difference in the lives of young adults? The Woodstock Job Corps Center is searching for individuals who want to help disadvantage youth reach their full potential. At the Woodstock Job Corps Center you can enjoy competitive pay, excellent benefits, generous paid time off, and a chance to make a real social impact every day.
Schedule: Friday - Tuesday 1:00pm-10:00pm
1. Assist the supervisor, recreation in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
2. Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation activities.
3. Conduct and coordinate recreation activities.
4. Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
5. Assist with monitoring of the student store.
6. Assist in the evaluation of DVD/video offerings through student input and personal evaluation and make recommendations as necessary.
7. Participate in Career Development Services System (CDSS) by creating positive peer leadership and role modeling techniques through activities on and off center.
8. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
9. De-escalate potential verbal or physical student altercations.
10. Provide support with daily unauthorized absence retrieval to improve student retention.
11. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
12. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year recreation experience or verified voluntary experience. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.