Substitute Instructor, Academics
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Job ID: 46921
Facility: Job Corps
Reports to the academics manager. Responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Follow prepared lesson plans.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; recommend purchases.
- Maintain records, cleanliness and classroom discipline.
- Participate in student activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and one year of job related experience working with youth. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.