Work Based Learning / Advanced Career Training Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 46922
Facility: Job Corps
What you will be doing?
This is a non-exempt position that will report to the Career Technical Training Manager. They will be responsible for developing, coordinating and administration of work based learning (WBL) activities in compliance with government and management directives.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays,
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Account
Bachelor’s degree and one year directly related experience required. Knowledge of public relations and working with employers is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
What is Job Corps?
- Schedule and maintain advanced career training/off-center training (ACT/OCT) student progress reviews and records; ensure student records are maintained current; monitor processing of student leaves.
- Ensure needed supportive services to ACT/OCT students and conduct individual and group meetings; coordinate student termination and transfers into the ACT/OCT program.
- Coordinate the business linkages including development of work-based learning sites; maintain communications with site supervisors, student evaluations and provision for transportation or meals according to work-based learning program guidelines and requirements.
- Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting work-based learning.
- Maintain contact with off-center industry and business for the purpose of monitoring and evaluating the quality and effectiveness of the work-based learning program.
- Maintain all contractual agreements between students, center and work site.
- Monitor the employability of students involved in the work-based learning program.
- Compile, maintain and distribute WBL records.
- Arrange for transportation or meals according to WBL program guidelines and requirements.
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Program: https://atterbury.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/