Safety & Security Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job ID: 46986
Facility: Job Corps
What you will be doing
This is an exempt position that will report to the center director. Directly supervises senior security officer, security officers and drivers. Responsible for the supervision of center security and fire protection, in compliance with government and management directives. Performs and oversees the administrative functions of the security department.
- Associate's degree and two years related experience working with youth, one year experience which should be in a supervisory capacity. Directly related youth program experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements on a year by year basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
What is Job Corps?Job Corps is a federally funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Charleston Job Corps is located in Charleston, WV and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:Program: https://charleston.jobcorps.gov/Company: https://www.mtctrains.com/
- Perform administrative and security activities of the department; serve as liaison between center and immediate community in security, law enforcement and fire agency matters.
- Interview, hire, train, discipline and terminate security staff subject to required approval.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend personnel changes.
- Review incident reports for completeness, conciseness, proper spelling, and grammar, prior to distribution.
- Assist with developing new and revised policies and procedures safety and security.
- Supervise the investigation of student and staff accidents; ensure all paperwork is completed.
- Provide fire protection, conduct frequent fire drills and inspections of the facility.
- Conduct orientation and in service training programs for staff and students to ensure that security policies are followed; assist manager, safety & security with safety training and programs.
- Conduct periodic security audits to identify deficiencies and recommend changes.
- Provide records and reports of departmental activities upon request by management, insurance underwriters, DOL and other government agencies.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning safety and security matters and conduct security related investigations.
- Coordinate searches of students’ rooms and belongings to ensure center health and safety.
- Provide for the safety and security of students on center grounds through the direction and monitoring of the mobile advisor staff.
- Inspect all center areas for safety of facilities and health violations to identify potential hazards; initiate corrective action.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are available in required locations and in working condition at all times.
- Assist in developing and implementing the occupational safety and health plan.
- Provide fire and safety procedures and literature to staff and students; develop and implement safety training programs for staff and students on the center safety and health plan; conduct training for staff on OSHA standards.
- Maintain logs and reports of all employee and student injury/accident reports; investigate serious accidents and make recommendations for prevention.
- Coordinate with other center staff concerning safety programs.
- Ensure monthly fire drills are conducted in all areas.
- Promote safety campaigns on center to reduce accidents.
- Ensure that personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn in the trades to comply with OSHA standards. Provide training in proper usage
- Complete accident investigation reports which include a detailed narrative on the incident, injuries, casual factors, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitate monthly safety committee meetings. Review accidents since last meeting and identify corrective actions.