This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Post, TX
Job ID: 47037
Pay: $20.47 per hour
Work with a purpose! Begin a career as a jailer and work towards becoming a law enforcement professional.
Position name: Security Officer - Jailer
Facility name: Giles W. Dalby Correctional Facility
Location: 805 N Avenue F, Post, TX 79356
Work schedule: Full-time; 12-hour shift (both day & night shift available)
Benefit package includes:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D as well as short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid jailer certification training
- Professional development assistance
- Career advancement opportunities
Job responsibilities: Security Officer - Jailers are responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates assigned to the facility.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise inmate in housing, work and other areas, which includes climbing stairs.
- Provide custody and security of inmate including observation of inmates, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions; person, property and facility searches. Including “pat” and “strip” searches, which includes squatting and bending.
- Transfer and transport inmates by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive inmates, as needed.
- Respond to emergencies including climbing stairs, steps, and ladders while searching for escaped inmates, hearing calls for and calling for help, giving first aid at the emergency site, carrying an injured or unconscious inmate or employee various distances to safety up or down stairs, steps and ladders; and use force. Must be trained in the use of deadly force to include the use of chemical agents and firearms to control inmates if assigned to an armed post.
- And more, as detailed in the full job description
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Paid training to obtain jailer certification is provided.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior correctional experience is preferred but not required
- Must pass background check, physical and psychological assessment as determined by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Why: Make a positive impact in your community by doing meaningful work that results in a rewarding career.
CO MTC TDCJ Correctional Officer Corrections Security