This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Meridian, MS
Job ID: 47116
Looking to begin a career in criminal justice or law enforcement and do not know where to start? Correctional Officers play a critical role in the rehabilitation of offenders and in supporting the mission of keeping their communities safe and secure. Apply today with the East Mississippi Correctional Facility located in Meridian Mississippi and take the first step towards entering a rewarding profession. No previous experience is required!
Management & Training Corporation team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
Pay rate: $12.00 per hour
AGE REQUIREMENT: 21 years of age
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of inmates, including observation of inmates.
- Perform security of various assigned areas.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility,
- Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime, when directed to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Alabama with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.