Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job ID: 47229
Facility: Tulsa Job Corps Center
The Tulsa Job Corps Center is looking for a motivated RN who wants to share their passion with students!
$52,000 annually - No nights, weekends or holidays!
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Administer and correct tests; maintain training achievement records (TARs) and attendance reports.
- Control use of equipment and supplies; make minor repairs; recommend purchases.
- Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program; provide feedback to the career preparation staff.
- Participate in activities associated with the intellectual and social development of students.
- In coordination with work-based learning (WBL) staff; develop work based training sites on center, in the community and at home-based sites; monitor and document student progress at work based training sites monthly.
- Work with community industry advisory council to review and recommend upgrades to CTT program.
- Monitor labor market information; develop career transition and job placement plans, and assist with placement of graduates, in conjunction with the career transition readiness specialist.
- Work cooperatively with each student’s counselor and career transition readiness specialist.
- Provide strong customer service for both dependent and independent learners leading to trade completion.
- Prepare statistical reports and corrective actions reports as necessary to achieve positive results.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Prepare students to transition from career technical training to transition period by developing interviewing and employability skills.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Provide students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in designated area of instruction.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and certified, licensed, or accredited in the state of employment or accredited by a professional trade organization. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Additional Special Requirements:
CNA Instructor: Active, unrestricted RN license