Are you ready for that Career of all Careers? If you are outstanding at networking and recruitment and have experience in Corrections, then Management & Training Corporation is the place for you. We are committed to making a social impact in our community and with our employees and inmates.Pay $16.00 an hour
MTC's benefit package includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
- Educational Assistance
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
Reports to the laundry manager. Directly supervises the offender laundry workers. Responsible for assisting with planning laundering schedules, proper use and maintenance of equipment and maintaining records of operations. Responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. Essential Functions:
1. Assist in planning work schedules to meet all production requirements.
2. Assist with the supervision of operation of laundry equipment; perform routine and preventive maintenance on equipment.
3. Perform test on wash formulas.
4. Wash, dry and fold offender items as needed which requires, lifting, bending squatting, and long periods of standing. Push and pull laundry carts. Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
5. Provide and conduct safety training programs for all laundry employees. 6. Train and supervise an offender work force in the laundry/necessities operation and conduct safety training for offender workers and laundry services employees to include Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
7. Assist with the receipt, storage, repair and issue of offender necessities; perform inventory of offender necessities.
8. Maintain required records and assist in preparation of necessary reports. 9. It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so. 10. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
11. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management. Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in the operation of a commercial or institutional laundry.
- - - OR - - -
One (1) year full-time, wage-earning experience in supply to include purchasing or inventory and stock control. Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education (CHEA) or by the United Stated Department of Education (USDE) may be substituted for six (6) months of the required supply experience.
- - - OR - - -
Eighteen (18) months full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience required. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.