Food Service Manager
Location: Kyle, TX
Job ID: 47434
The starting salary for this position is $24.00 an hour.
Management & Training Corporation is hiring a Food Service Manager at Kyle Correctional Center located in Kyle, Texas.
At the Kyle Correctional Center, our foundation is based upon the philosophy of Believe It Or Not I Care (B.I.O.N.I.C.). We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the tools necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
- Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience in correctional, commercial, or institutional food service preparation or management.
- Thirty (30) semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or equivalent technical trade school courses in the field of culinary, hotel, or restaurant management may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two (2) years.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning experience in the supervision of employees.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning correctional custody or law enforcement experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain current, valid ServSafe Food Safety Certification by an authorized association, organization, or government entity with twelve (12) months of employment date. Must maintain valid certification for continued employment in position. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.