Are you ready for that Career of all Careers? If you are outstanding at networking and recruitment and have experience in Corrections, then Management & Training Corporation is the place for you. We are committed to making a social impact in our community and with our employees and inmates.
MTC's benefit package includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
- Educational Assistance
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
Reports to the warden. Responsible for coordinating correctional officer certification training and non-security preservice training; implementing the annual in-service training plan for the facilities in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. Essential Functions:
1. Plan, develop and conduct officer training certification programs in compliance with MTC and TDCJ directives.
2. Responsible for the maintenance and documentation of all certificates including preservice and in-service training records.
3. Provide oversite of the on-the-job (OJT) program.
4. Provide instruction to new uniformed staff on basic unit operations regarding security, search procedures, and the proper supervision of offenders.
5. Establish periodic and annual review of certification accreditation and pre-service training programs.
6. Ensure that all clerical and support staff attend Correctional Awareness Training in compliance with MTC and TDCJ requirements.
7. Ensure all staff complete annual in-service training requirements.
8. Ensure that all appropriate personnel are scheduled and complete staff survivor training according to contractual requirements.
9. Ensure all staff received supplemental and specialized training for high level performance and effective programs and services to offenders.
10. Ensure professional educational staff complete training dedicated to the improvement of educational services.
11. Ensure staff identified as instructors for munitions and defensive tactics, to include specialized tactics, receive initial certification and annual recertification.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
13. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety procedures.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management. Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED. Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning instructing, staff development, training, teaching, correctional custody or law enforcement experience to include one (1) year in the supervision of employees required. Successful completion of an Instructor Training Program within six months of assignment. Curriculum development or evaluation experience preferred. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.