Instructor Academics, Substitute
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Edinburgh, IN
Job ID: 47525
Facility: Atterbury Job Corps Center
What you will be doing
This is an exempt position that reports to the program Supervisor. You will be responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provide students with basic direction, in compliance with government and management directives.
$148 Daily wage
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the classroom; on a routine basis, relate academic skills to career technical training and workplace requirements; inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Participate on student evaluation panels; prepare required documentation and evaluations using CIS, as well as other systems of documentation. Enter case notes into the CIS system as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and valid teaching certificate. One year instructional experience preferred.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN whereas IndyPendence is located in Indianapolis, IN. Both centers are managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC: